Friday 19 April 2013

The Power of Plants - Beauty Product Review

As part of my new Paleo Lifestyle, I am looking after myself on the inside and I am also looking after myself on the outside too.

I went downtown the other day and decided to buy a couple of products. 

* a face exfoliator
* a body scrub 

I went to Bodyshop, Lush and then finally Boots.  I am very fussy on how a product smells.  I know a lot of people love the Soap & Glory range. Yeah the packaging is fun and cute but I really cannot stand the smell of it. 

So I sniffed lots of exfoliators and scrubs and finally decided on the Boots Botanics Range

I actually first came across the Botanics range in 1998/99 during my final year at university. Gosh... All those years ago... Makes me feel old ;) I don't know why I stopped using it.  Sometimes there are so many products on the market, you feel you need to try them all incase you find a better one. 

So for my face I bought All Bright Purifying Face Scrub


It comes in a 75ml tube and is formulated without parabens and is suitable for all skin types. It cost £2.69
The scrub contains refining walnut shells which buff away any flaky skin and crushed apricot seeds and hibiscus which gently sweep away any impurities making the skin brighter.  Hibiscus is know for it brightness properties.

It's also easy to use : 

After cleansing , massage into skin with fingertips in light circular movements. Then rinse well with warm water. It recommends you use it 2-3 times a week.

I love the smell of this scrub and it left my face feeling so soft and skin looking healthier and brighter.

The second product I bought was Rebalance Refining Body Scrub


This comes in a 300ml pot and cost £7.99. Again this scrub is formulated without any parabens. It contains sea salt and sugar which help exfoliate the skin giving it a radiant glow.  It also contains almond oil and cocoa butter which leave the skin feeling both smooth and very soft. The Rebalance range uses Vetiver which is a very calming essence.

Again this scrub is easy to use:

Massage it on damp skin using circular motions, then rinse thoroughly.  It is not recommended for use on the face

Again I loved the scent of this product.  I was also very I pressed by how smooth it left my skin.  My skin also felt moisturised afterwards.  This is definitely a body scrub I am going to stick with.

Like all the Botanics range; in producing both the scrubs, Boots have taken steps to reduce their impact on the planet at every stage in this products journey. The product is made with active plant extracts that are approved by The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

I would recommend both of these products and as I am so impressed with them, I am going to try out more of the Botanics Range.

1 comment:

  1. Having Trouble FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Download your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete