Sunday 28 April 2013

Whole 30 Days 13 & 14

Had a busy day on Saturday (day 13) went off up to Chesterfield to a Jivamukti Yoga workshop.  It was fantastic.  A strong and sweaty practice in the morning and then an afternoon studying The Siddhis (Yogic Supernatural Powers) in Patanjali's Yoga Sutras.

All packed to go


 I made a quick breakfast - Indian Style Scrambled Eggs.  They don't look appetizing but they were delicious.


I love using the spices in my masala dabba


to make the scrambled eggs, I melted some ghee in a pan, added cumin seeds and black mustard seeds until they popped. I then added garam masala and tumeric, then the onions, then the rest of the veg - mushrooms and peppers. Cooked them for a while and then added the egg and stirred til they scrambled.  Was a quick but tasty breakfast.

I took a packed lunch with me.  I made a salad, a fruit salad and took some hazelnuts too.  When I got home I made mixed vegetable subji and served it with tuna.  

I was only saying to Gina on the course that I never feel hungry on this diet and all my cravings had gone.... but Oh my.... last night... I felt starving.... I so easily could have binged on chocolate etc... I ate some fruit but 30 mins later I was starving again.  I think the Yoga triggered some deep emotions which I couldn't cope with and wanted to turn to food.  I kept telling myself to meditate on my throat chakra. As Patanjali says:

3.31 Contemplation upon the throat chakra eradicates hunger and thirst

I still felt hungry when I went to bed.  I was determined I was NOT going to break my Whole 30.  Fell asleep ok but woke up at 5am with a pounding headache.  It was so bad I had to take some tablets.  I slept a few more hours and when I woke up it had gone.

I had a simple and quick breakfast this morning - egg with mushroom and advocado


Lala and I then spent some time cleaning the pond. After which I started to do some work for my course.  For lunch I made some Ayurvedic Veg with some salmon.  



I used coconut oil instead of ghee and I think I prefer it.  My dosha is Pitta/Kapha - more Pitta than Kappha and coconut oil is very cooling for Pitta. 

I studied til 4pm and suddenly felt very tired, went for a lay down and fell asleep....

Today I am not feeling hungry.... not hungry enough to eat any dinner

Looking forward to day 15... half way through wooooohoooo.

I am also on countdown to our summer vacation






7 comments:

  1. im not a egg lover but those do look good :)
    Have a great week
    http://ramblingmomma03.blogspot.ca/2013/04/weekend-recap_28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for passing by my blog
      have a good week too xxx

      Delete
  2. Such an amazing journey - lots of hard work! Yay for being halfway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kerrie.. I am excited to be half way.
      thank you for all your support xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about the headache, but thanks so much for sharing your journey. Congrats on all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww bless you and thank you for your support xxx

      Delete
  4. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete