Monday 15 April 2013

Whole 30 Day One

The

So today is Day One of The Whole 30. I feel so excited about this. Hopefully I will still feel as positive by day 30. 
I loved the book "It Starts With Food" by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig and it all made perfect sense and has motivated me to make all the changes.

I desperately need to reset my body and get rid of many unhealthy eating habits.

So over the next 30 days the guidelines as per the book are as follows:

YES : Eat food that make you more healthy - meat*, seafood and eggs, lots of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of healthy fats.

NO: Do not consume any added sugar, alcohol, grains, legumes or dairy.

NO: Do not attempt to recreate junk food or desserts by using "approved" ingredients.

NO: Do not step on the scale for the entirety of your program. 

So Day One has gone well. 
My eats have been as follows :



Breakfast: 2 eggs (omletted) , roasted mushrooms, tomatoes and green peppers

Lunch: tuna, salad leaves, cucumber, green peppers, hazelnuts, apple, raw red cabbage and olive oil & balsamic dressing 

Dinner: salmon, sweet potato and coconut mash, avocado, spinach & strawberries

Exercise : Yoga & Walking

How do I feel : to say I got up at 4.20am, I am feeling great. Still trying to get my body clock right after our vacation in the USA. When I got back from walking, I felt hungry.... But it turned out it was actually water I needed and after a glass the hungry feeling went. 

If you stumble across my blog and you are blogging The Whole 30 program too, leave me a comment with the link to you blog.

Love
Kiki xoxo

* I won't be eating meat


2 comments:

  1. No meat? When I first started the Whole30 someone told me it would be a "roller coaster ride". It really is true. A roller coaster ride of emotions! I really thought it would be easy for me but it has actually been kind of tough. I do love it though and am actually thinking of extending mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope... No meat... I haven't eaten meat in 4 years now...
      You are doing soooo well.... Xx

      Delete