Wednesday 17 April 2013

Whole 30 - Day Three


Today has gone really well.  I wasn't too hungry first thing which was good cos I think I have been eating breakfast too early.  Today I ate just after 8am (though I got out of bed at 5.30am) I decided to have a coffee to see if that would help me keep awake longer.  Everyone keeps saying how fab coconut milk tastes in coffee... I used to use the Kara milk coconut milk but in the book "It Starts With Food" - it says not to use that sort but instead use the canned.  I used this 


I do love the Biona range and buy quite a lot of their products. When I opened the can, I had to pour it in a jug and then whisk it.  I then poured it into one of these gorgeous jars ( I have a bit of an obsession for glass storage jars) I bought from Next Home. It's perfect for my coconut milk and fits nicely in the fridge.

You can buy this here

I am glad I had the coffee as it has stopped me being constipated and so far its 7.25pm and I am not feeling as tired as I did this time yesterday.

So this is what I made for my breakie 


- One egg (omletted), smoked salmon, avocado, mushrooms, strawberries, apple & pineapple

I had to go downtown this morning.  My car was booked in to be valeted and it meant hanging around town for a few hours.... so I went prepared 


Water & Hazelnuts.  I didn't want to get thirsty and mistake it for hunger and if it was hunger, I didn't want to risk not being able to buy something healthy or opting for something unhealthy.  As it was, I didn't feel hungry the whole time I was in town.  

When I got back I made some lunch


- mackerel, the last of the left over sweet potato mash, broccoli, hazelnuts (the ones i took into town) and blueberries
I felt full after eating this.

I didn't feel hungry all afternoon until it was time for dinner which was this


- salad leaves, grated red cabbage, grated carrot, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, prawns, olives and an olive oil and balsamic dressing. Banana, strawberries, blueberries & pineapple.

When I was walking the dogs this afternoon, I kept getting big bursts of energy... it was marvelous. 

Looking forward to Day Four :)

9 comments:

  1. I never thought of putting coconut milk into coffee... though I have been off caffeine for 3 weeks now xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it tatse delish...
      I was off coffee too... but had to resort to it... i reckon one a day isnt gonna do much harm lol xx

      Delete
  2. Good job, your eats look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Wish I had the willpower and the time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy. Love the shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete